Friday, July 20, 2012

Survivng The First Seven Days

It's been ten days since Alan, Connor & I have moved away from our familiar desert to begin our new lives here in the city. The differences are unexpected. Connor is much happier with carpet, Alan is much happier with a shorter drive, and I am enjoying the house and Target.

Leaving my mother was no easy task. Connor loves his Oma, his face lighting up so bright every time he sees her. I'll miss eating tuna or Pie for The People and watching The Real Housewives. Yet I know I am a soul which seeks change. I can remember being little & wanting to move, not realize how lucky my family was to own their own home. After my parents got divorced, my mother & I moved almost every year until I finally left home at age 17.

Since then, the Hi-Desert has been the place I've resided the longest, though I have lived in 5 different houses in the 5 years I resided there. It's never easy to leave, never easy to get started in a new place, but change blossoms creativity and inspiration. I am a happier person with change, finding the joy around me sparkling that is normally so demure due to my pessimistic attitude. As much as I will forever cherish those silhouettes of Joshua trees amongst the vibrant, rose-hued sky, my family needed change and progression. The desert is not progress, it's where you begin or end your life.

They say life is like a play -- Act I & Act II. Act I is wild, you make mistakes, you blow money frivolously, stay drunk for three days straight... Then there is a nine month interval, and Act II begins with a bang.

Here's to my Act II

No comments:

Post a Comment