Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pop Grudge

There are few artists I find as repulsive as Lady Gaga. Not musically, though some of her songs are bland and lifeless, others I really do enjoy. I mostly mean as an artist in general. Every other part of her except the part where she sings and helps write music. I find her to be desperate for individuality and attention from the media. It is almost as if she is trying to display herself as some sort of higher being we mortals must struggle to understand. I find it tired and frankly, pathetic.

Her latest publicity stunt is really one of the worst. Upon the release of her perfume, Fame, Lady Gaga stated that it contained blood and semen. I imagine that smelling something like Kevin Spacey's basement. Let's not forget the time she couldn't remember the lie she told and wound up telling different stories of how long she was in that stupid ass egg. We all know you didn't spend 3 days in the egg, Gaga, you didn't poop in there.

This is where music went... to idolizing morons in meat dresses. Remember when Gwen Stefani was the hottest chick in rock music? She was real, down to earth. She sang songs about wanting babies and missing her Middle Eastern ex-boyfriend. I guess I'm beginning to sound like my mother, ''your generation doesn't know what music is!'' I miss instruments other than a synthesizer. Sometimes I feel like hip-hop and indie are the only genres that have remained the same. Pop music just isn't what it used to be. Have you ever read the lyrics to ''Raise Your Glass'' by Pink? By far the most asinine thing I have ever read and that song was in the Billboard Top 40. Maybe it's because I grew up in the 90s, but I just do not understand listening to music if you have to be high on E to enjoy it.

My college history professor  always said it takes 50 years for an event to become history. Until then, they are current events. 50 years from now, the world is going to call this the Gray Age... nothing is new or inspiring. The movies are all remakes or sequels, the music is vapid, and the government actually thinks the best way to gain money is to cut the spending on education. Listen to music with sustanence, watch an artsy movie and read a damn book. I am terrified my son will become unambitious in skinny jeans. I would rather him listen to death metal, at least he will be interested in musical instruments, not getting with the right producer.

No comments:

Post a Comment